Thread Coffee is currently accepting applications for the role of cafe manager! Thread Coffee is a women & queer-owned coffee roasting company based in Baltimore, Maryland. We are a worker-cooperative and use a transparent model of trade, buying coffee directly from farmers we want to be in solidarity with. We are seeking someone who shares our passion for quality coffee and collective self-management, and who sees a future for themselves as a worker-owner of our company. While we are primarily looking for a person with strong leadership and organizational skills, an ideal candidate would also be excited to work closely with our roasting team to curate and develop our coffee offerings for the cafe. We offer the opportunity to be part of a growing collective project, and to take creative ownership over a cafe space. Must be available Monday through Saturday, this position averages 35 hours per week.
- Barista working with speciality coffee (ideally has completed some level of structured training)
- Experience as a manager or shift lead preferred
- ServSafe training is a plus
- Leadership: comfortable delegating tasks, bottom-lining decisions, resolving worker and customer concerns, taking responsibility for the operations and ambiance of the cafe
- Organizational: managing scheduling, inventory, ordering, workspace and storage organization, catering coordination, correspondence and social media, writing HASAPs for menu items
- Barista: coffee extraction theory and practice, familiarity with various brewing methods (espresso, batch brew, pour over, aeropress), ability to develop seasonal drink specials, ongoing training with employees
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create schedule for cafe shifts
- Inventory tracking and Ordering for cafe
- Point of contact for catering requests
- Track invoices and receipts for cafe purchases and send copies to bookkeeper weekly.
- Organize events for cafe
- Develop coffee training program for cafe
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women, trans, non-binary, PoC candidates especially encouraged to apply!