Greenmount Coffee Lab is the cafe of Thread Coffee Roasters. We are a queer & woman owned worker-cooperative. We are committed to transparent trade & making space for people from marginalized identities in the coffee industry. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and identities.
Job title, Compensation:
- Barista (part time, 2 shifts per week, 12-15 hours/week on average)
- Compensation starts at $10.10/hour + tips
- Shift-food & drinks, and one 12oz retail bag of coffee per week to take home
Greenmount Coffee Lab is looking to add an energetic, friendly and hard working member to our growing team. The ideal candidate for this position must have a positive attitude, be able to work with others as well as being autonomously, possess a passion for coffee, a quick learner, able to maintain a clean food prep workplace. Experience in specialty coffee and/or pursuit of professional coffee development courses is prefered but not required. You must be able to be standing and moving for several hours and must be able to lift heavier boxes (at least 10 lb). Must be able to work early mornings on weekdays or on Saturdays. Must be able to attend compensated team meetings outside of normal work hours at least once a month.
We are a worker-cooperative, which means we are owned and operated by our workers. You will have the opportunity to pursue worker-owner status, and full-time employment as the business continues to grow.
- Properly and efficiently making all beverages on menu
- Explaining all coffees and beverages to guests
- Maintaining clean food standards and sanitation
- Preparing all food items properly and efficiently
- Prepping all necessary drinks, syrups, baked goods and food items
- Maintaining a clean work environment
- Operating the register and counting daily deposits
- Dial into espresso, batch brew and pour overs
- Menu development with cafe team
- At least 1+ years working in the service industry/customer service
- Experienced and comfortable multitasking during busy shifts
- At least 1+ of coffee experience or training (prefered but not required)
- Food safety certification or food safety training (prefered but not required)
- Handling cash and card transactions on Square operating system
- Must have proficient customer service skills
- Comfortable with basic math
Please send a resume including at least one professional reference, and short cover letter detailing why you are the perfect fit for the Greenmount Coffee Lab to email@example.com.
Individuals from marginalized backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.
We are excited to hear from you!