Greenmount Coffee Lab is the cafe of Thread Coffee Roasters, a queer & woman owned worker-cooperative. We are committed to transparent trade & making space for people from marginalized identities in the coffee industry. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and identities.
Job title, Compensation:
- Barista (part time, 2-4 shifts per week, 12-24 hours/week)
- Compensation starts at $10.10/hour + tips (averages around $15/hour)
- Shift-food & drinks, and one 12oz retail bag of coffee per week to take home
Greenmount Coffee Lab is looking to add a new member to our growing team. Experience in specialty coffee is preferred, but a love of coffee is the most important qualification! We are looking for someone to work consistent part-time hours while also picking up extra shifts or helping out with events on occasion. We especially need someone with Saturday availability, and the ability to attend all-team meetings outside of work hours (all meeting time is compensated). Since our roastery is right next to our cafe, this position is ideal for someone also interested in the production side of the industry to learn more about roasting and green coffee sourcing. We all love coffee and love talking about it, so if you think you’d be a good fit, get in touch!
We are a worker-cooperative owned and operated by our workers. As an employee, you’ll be able to pursue worker-owner status, and we hope to expand this position to full-time in the near future.
- Preparing espresso drinks and other beverages according to recipes and specialty coffee standards
- Providing hospitable and efficient customer service to guests
- Familiarity with our coffee offerings and menu items
- Maintaining clean, sanitary prep and workspaces
- Preparing simple sandwiches and salads to order
- Prepping all necessary syrups, baked goods and food items
- Operating the register and counting daily deposits
- Dialing in espresso, batch brew and pour overs
- Opening and closing the cafe as the only barista on shift
- At least 1+ years of service industry/customer service experience
- Experience with multitasking during busy shifts
- At least 1+ of coffee experience or training (prefered but not required)
- Food safety certification or food safety training (prefered but not required)
- Cash handling and POS system competency
- Customer service and hospitality skills
- Ability to stand for hours at a time and lift up to 20lbs
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited to hear from you!