Thread Coffee is currently accepting applications for the role of cafe manager! Thread is a collectively-owned and operated small-batch coffee roaster committed to a transparent model of trade that promotes dignity, sustainability, and solidarity. We are seeking someone who shares our passion for quality coffee and collective self-management, and who sees a future for themselves as a worker-owner of our company. While we are primarily looking for a person with strong leadership and organizational skills, an ideal candidate would also be excited to work closely with our roasting team to curate and develop our coffee offerings for the cafe. We offer the opportunity to be part of a growing collective project, and to take creative ownership over a cafe space. Must be available Monday through Friday, this position averages 35 hours per week.
- Barista working with speciality coffee (ideally has completed some level of structured training)
- Experience as a manager or shift lead preferred
- ServSafe training is a plus
- Leadership: comfortable delegating tasks, bottom-lining decisions, resolving worker and customer concerns, taking responsibility for the operations and ambiance of the cafe
- Organizational: managing scheduling, inventory, ordering, workspace and storage organization, catering coordination, correspondence and social media, writing HASAPs for menu items
- Barista: coffee extraction theory and practice, familiarity with various brewing methods (espresso, batch brew, pour over, aeropress), ability to develop seasonal drink specials, ongoing training with employees
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women, trans, non-binary, PoC candidates especially encouraged to apply!